February 2020 - Submitted to the DRP
- $200 million mix-used projects consisting of a 24-story modern office tower with a 4-story retail and parking podium
- Over half an acre of public open space
- 390,000 sq. ft. of modern office space along with complimentary conference and wellness areas for office tenants (over 40% pre-leased to First National Bank)
- 20,000 sq. ft. of dining, fitness, and retail banking space across a two-level commercial podium
- 100 space parking garage
- The developer anticipates Q3 2020 groundbreaking and a late 2021 delivery with occupancy by Q3 2022
- An internal review performed by DRP February 5th
- Additional information requested by DRP
- Developers have not yet been invited to present at the DRP
March 2020 - Attended the DRP Meeting
- Joined the DRP at their March 4th meeting
- Discussed additional information requested
- Developers were invited to present at April DRP Meeting
April 2020 - Presented to the DRP (Did Not Receive a Passing Score)
- The developer presented the project to the DRP at the April 1st meeting
- Received a score of 75% - C against GHDMP and a 68% - D against CCIP
- DRP invited the Developer to attend the May 6th meeting to debrief about the project, the scoring, and discuss solutions to bring the project in alignment with CCIP and GHDMP. Areas of the proposal that needed the most improvement:
- Build Upon the African American Cultural Legacy
- Economic Empowerment
- Mobility and Transportation
- Wealth Building Initiatives
- Cultural and Community Legacy Initiatives
- Coordinated Community Development Strategies
May 2020 - Development Team Met with the DRP to Debrief on Failed Score and Next Steps
- After meeting internally with DRP and some Executive Management Committee members for the Lower Hill, the DRP provided the development team with a summary of comments/concerns.
- Development team attended the May DRP meeting to understand where the proposal did not perform well in accordance with GHDMP and CCIP alignment and how the development team can go back, make the necessary adjustments to the project, and prepare to submit any new/requested materials prior to a second presentation and second scoring.
- The DRP followed-up after their May DRP meeting with a list of requested documents for the development team to provide to evidence and explain GHDMP alignment and CCIP commitments before they could be invited back to the DRP to formally present their project again.
- Development team submitted a response to the DRP's document requests, summary of comments/concerns, and areas that needed most improvement.
June 2020 - Development Team Submitted Incomplete Response
- Upon receipt, the DRP reviewed the development team's response and determined that what was submitted was incomplete. As such, the DRP did not invite the developer back to present, but instead invited them to attend the July 2020 DRP meeting to discuss the missing documentation, what the challenges were in being able to prepare and provide them, and how to move forward to receive the documentation requested to bring the project into alignment with both the CCIP and the GHDMP and advance it through the community review process.
- The developer declined the DRP's invitation and stated they would do their best to keep in touch as efforts progressed.
November 2020 - Development Team Reengaged the DRP
- Development team reached out to DRP seeking to reengage the process and requested what was needed to do so.
December 2020 - DRP Reiterated Previously Unmet Requests
- The DRP responded to the development team's interest in reengaging the process and reiterated the previously unmet requests.
January 2021 - Developer Submitted Responses to the Previously Unmet Requests
- The development team submitted responses to the previously unmet requests.
- The DRP is reviewing those responses to determine whether they are complete and whether they are inviting the developer to present at the February DRP meeting.