Hill CDC Internships
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop marketable skills while doing real community-based work in the Hill District community? Join a neighborhood that has a rich history and bright future, and is undergoing a transformation to return vibrant business, the arts and housing back to the Hill.
Our ideal intern candidate will be ready to contribute on day one. We are looking for an excellent student in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in communication, marketing, political science, liberal arts, real estate, finance, business, digital arts, information technology, or a related field; a young leader in your area of study with the ability to turn big ideas into big realities; and someone who enjoys working in a community-based environment.
At the end of the internship, you will have real-world experience in, or exposure to:
- Non-profit and community-based work -- how to organize it, develop effective strategies around it, and move through various stakeholder groups successfully.
You may gain skills and/or contribute to:
- Project management
- Systems creation
- Communications: written verbal, traditional and social media
- Leveraging community resources for positive returns to the community
- Understanding community development and grass-roots initiatives
- Projects to add to your portfolio
- An unforgettable experience working in a creative and trailblazing environment with top-shelf talent
Your primary responsibility will be to support Hill CDC initiatives, including but not limited to special projects, community events, public awareness of key priorities and creating and enhancing systems to achieve organizational goals -- all while getting the word out on the Hill CDC’s strategic priorities.
- Excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate degree program
- Thought leadership in your area of study with the ability to turn big ideas into big realities
- Desire to work in a dynamic community based environment
- Superb technical or creative and communication skills are a must
- Ability to work hard, learn quickly as well as apply knowledge and innovate solutions
- This internship is unpaid. Can be done for school credit if applicable.
- 15-20 hours/week based on availability.
- Start Date: Immediately
- End Date: Based on hire date.
Please respond to the Hill Community Development Corporation via email. Responses should be sent to apply [at] hilldistrict.org. Rolling admission. No phone call please.